Monday, March 15, 2010

I Don't Do Weddings.....yet



My wedding photographer, Ashley (http://ashleymaxwellphoto.com/blog/), took the above shot as a part of Luke & I's engagement session (http://ashleymaxwellphoto.com/blog/bre-luke-a-sweet-engagement/). This is a part of mywedding.com's homepage as an ad for Ashley and her husband Jason's amazing work! I was pretty darn excited about it...but that is just me ;)

It also cracked me up...I have said it about one million times: "I won't take a Wedding Cake/Cupcake Order. It's too much pressure."

Let me elaborate. I feel like your wedding cake/cupcakes is the most important cake/cupcakes you will ever buy, and I would never take on an order that I am not completely confident I can execute perfectly. My schedule is so crazy, that I wouldn't want any details to be forgotten or rushed. So I've said no to wedding orders.

That said, a few weeks ago, I got two requests for wedding cakes/cupcakes, one right after the other. Let me tell you, I had to talk myself OUT of taking the orders. They just sounded so fun! So this is why they say "Never say 'Never'"...

Let's just say that I'm not saying when, but I won't say "Never" ;)

-Bre


0 comments:

Post a Comment